Updated
Updated · Fox News · May 23
Judge Tosses Michael Wolff Suit Against Melania Trump in $1 Billion Defamation Fight
Updated
Updated · Fox News · May 23

Judge Tosses Michael Wolff Suit Against Melania Trump in $1 Billion Defamation Fight

13 articles · Updated · Fox News · May 23
  • Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil dismissed Michael Wolff’s federal suit seeking to block Melania Trump from suing him over alleged defamatory Epstein-related remarks, calling the case a “contorted” bid for court intervention.
  • Vyskocil said both sides showed “tactical gamesmanship” and, although federal jurisdiction existed after the case was moved from state court, she declined to keep it and said the dispute should be litigated normally.
  • The fight began after Melania Trump’s lawyer demanded a retraction last year and warned of a $1 billion suit; Wolff responded by suing first in October, arguing the threats were meant to silence critics.
  • Melania Trump has publicly denied any Epstein ties, said the “disgraceful lies” must end, and used the dispute to spotlight her advocacy for survivors, including a push for a congressional hearing and the Take It Down Act.
Have billion-dollar defamation threats become the new tool for powerful figures to silence investigative journalism?
How has the global 'moral reckoning' over Epstein's network truly impacted the accountability of powerful individuals?
What secrets about the global elite are still hidden within the millions of unreleased Epstein documents?