Bob Odenkirk Slows Career at 63 After 2021 On-Set Heart Attack
Updated
Updated · The Guardian · May 21
Bob Odenkirk Slows Career at 63 After 2021 On-Set Heart Attack
5 articles · Updated · The Guardian · May 21
Bob Odenkirk said his 2021 heart attack on the Better Call Saul set made him decide not to keep working at the same pace.
The 63-year-old actor said the scare exposed how fragile life is and how an over-scheduled career can make it hard to appreciate work or daily life.
Odenkirk said he kept working because he had already committed to years of projects before the heart attack, but is now deliberately easing back.
His reset comes as he continues promoting new work, including the film Normal and a Machu Picchu documentary, while saying he now wants more time away from constant obligations.
How did the 'massive cock-up' of Bob Odenkirk's action career paradoxically end up saving his life?
Will Odenkirk's plan to 'do fuck all' end his action hero era or completely redefine it?
After a medic failed on set, what safety reforms does Odenkirk believe Hollywood urgently needs?