Updated
Updated · KATU · May 19
James Comey Weighs Claim on DOJ's $1.776 Billion Anti-Weaponization Fund
Updated
Updated · KATU · May 19

James Comey Weighs Claim on DOJ's $1.776 Billion Anti-Weaponization Fund

9 articles · Updated · KATU · May 19
  • James Comey said he may apply for the Justice Department’s new $1.776 billion anti-weaponization fund, joking that it “certainly sounds intended for someone like me.”
  • The former FBI director told CNN and PBS he first thought the program was satire, then said he would consult lawyers and might file partly “to be humorous” if victims can seek attorney’s fees.
  • Comey tied the idea to his own treatment, saying he was indicted again last month by Trump’s DOJ over an Instagram post that prosecutors said threatened Trump’s life.
  • The DOJ launched the fund Monday through a settlement tied to Trump’s $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS over the leak of his tax returns.
How will a new $1.776B fund decide who was truly a victim of government 'weaponization'?
Does this new compensation fund set a lasting precedent for holding federal agencies accountable for their actions?