Updated
Updated · Bloomberg · May 18
Lululemon Rejects Wilson's 3 Board Nominees, Sets June 25 Proxy Vote
Updated
Updated · Bloomberg · May 18

Lululemon Rejects Wilson's 3 Board Nominees, Sets June 25 Proxy Vote

6 articles · Updated · Bloomberg · May 18
  • Lululemon told investors it will put the fight with founder Chip Wilson to a shareholder vote next month after formally rejecting his three board nominees.
  • In its letter, the company said Wilson's public attacks have hurt shareholders and cast his nomination push as an effort to regain influence over the athletic-wear maker.
  • Wilson, Lululemon's second-largest shareholder with an 8.97% stake, has argued current leadership has deprioritized creative excellence and sought to "redefine" the company.
  • The vote caps an escalating proxy battle that followed failed settlement talks last week and has turned into a broader dispute over Lululemon's direction.
Can new CEO Heidi O’Neill fix Lululemon's 'cool' problem while battling the brand's own founder for control?
Is Chip Wilson’s campaign a genuine rescue mission for Lululemon, or a power grab fueled by an outdated vision?