Jonathan Gjoshe Reveals 7 Stabbings in 2025 Train Attack, Seeks New Club After Release
Updated
Updated · BBC.com · May 17
Jonathan Gjoshe Reveals 7 Stabbings in 2025 Train Attack, Seeks New Club After Release
6 articles · Updated · BBC.com · May 17
Jonathan Gjoshe said for the first time that he suffered seven stab wounds to his shoulder, bicep and arm in the 1 November train attack that seriously injured 11 passengers.
Huntingdon station became his escape point after he pulled the alarm, fled through the carriages and was rushed to hospital, where surgery showed the knife had narrowly missed a nerve.
March marked his return to full training after months of rehabilitation, but Scunthorpe released the 23-year-old on 8 May after he missed much of the season.
£4,500 raised by Scunthorpe fans helped his recovery, and Gjoshe said he is now fully healed, staying fit and hoping another club gives him a chance.
Anthony Williams, 32, was charged last month with 10 counts of attempted murder over the attack and is due to stand trial in October.
Stabbed on a train, then released by his club. What does one footballer's ordeal reveal about the business of sport?
An attacker's alleged crime spree culminated in 11 stabbings. How did the system fail to stop him sooner?
As London transit crime soars, are new safety strategies actually protecting passengers?