Updated
Updated · Fox News · May 17
Spencer Pratt, 42, Vows to Leave Los Angeles if His Mayoral Bid Fails
Updated
Updated · Fox News · May 17

Spencer Pratt, 42, Vows to Leave Los Angeles if His Mayoral Bid Fails

7 articles · Updated · Fox News · May 17
  • Spencer Pratt said he will leave Los Angeles rather than rebuild his Pacific Palisades home if he loses the June 2 mayoral primary or if Karen Bass or Nithya Raman ends up leading the city.
  • The 42-year-old said he would rebuild only if he wins both the mayor's race and a lawsuit tied to the 2025 Palisades wildfire, using any payout to stay in Los Angeles.
  • That suit, filed earlier this year by Pratt, Heidi Montag and more than a dozen other property owners, accuses Los Angeles and the Department of Water and Power of leaving a reservoir drained as a cost-saving measure.
  • Pratt launched his campaign in January after his home was destroyed in the wildfire, casting his run as a response to what he calls failed city leadership on fires, homelessness and crime.
  • Los Angeles' mayoral race is officially nonpartisan; if no candidate wins more than 50% on June 2, the top two finishers advance to a November runoff.
A fire destroyed his home, now he wants to run the city. Is Spencer Pratt a desperate victim or LA's needed savior?
With federal policy shifting, could Pratt's controversial 'treatment first' homeless plan actually succeed in Los Angeles?