Ghost of Yōtei Raid Caps Yōtei Six Story as Sucker Punch Details 4-Player Endgame
Updated
Updated · PlayStation · May 15
Ghost of Yōtei Raid Caps Yōtei Six Story as Sucker Punch Details 4-Player Endgame
2 articles · Updated · PlayStation · May 15
Launched last month, the Ghost of Yōtei Legends Raid serves as the multiplayer mode’s endgame, sending four players against the final two Yōtei Six bosses, The Dragon and Lord Saito.
Lead designer Darren Bridges said Sucker Punch built the raid like an "escape room where people are trying to kill you," aiming for hardcore co-op challenge while fixing Ghost of Tsushima Legends raid issues such as six-hour runs and limited accessibility.
The new structure uses steadier pacing and lets teams restart directly at a boss, while encounters teach mechanics in advance and support build changes at a Gear Station before Saito.
Bridges said testing also uncovered emergent strategies — including Shinobi vanish canceling a bomb-tracking phase — and showed a wide skill gap, with the first team beating Saito in about two minutes after roughly an hour of setup.
The raid is the last major planned Legends update and closes the Yōtei Six storyline in that mode.
Why did Sucker Punch end support for its successful multiplayer mode just two months after launch?
Is Ghost of Yōtei's celebrated co-op mode already dead after its final update?